Saturday, September 12, 2009

Unrelated Catchup Posts

The Honourable John Walker makes a point I've made repeatedly over the years. He talks about Respectfulness vs. Civility. What I've always said is, "Respect is earned, courtesy is free." That courtesy is critical when talking to folks with whom you disagree. Without those conversations, there is no way to find common ground and make improvements.

Boycotting the census is a bad move for everyone and an ineffective protest. Besides, if you don't fill out the form then they could send someone by to see who lives there. Stand and be counted so we receive our fair share of monies given out by the federal govt. They are going to spend it somewhere.

I know I just put this on my wall, but it bears repeating. Privacy should be the default setting. You shouldn't have to opt out or go change a default setting to get privacy. But lets face it, privacy isn't as profitable.

No comments: