Monday, April 6, 2009

Integrated Community Services Moves

Something doesn't seem right here. The people who Administer the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly Section 8) program are moving to a suburb? How many Section 8 clients are there in Ashwaubenon? What about that big building they restored downtown. I wonder if the City or GBHA provided money for that. I wonder if we should be asking for any money back?

Part of me is glad that another community is actually going to share the burden of one of the non-profits that serve financially challenged folks. A bigger part of me wonders exactly how much more difficult it will be for said folks to get to the office sign up.

The last annual report on the website is from 2004 and I don't see minutes or financials anywhere. Is this organization OK? If you are reading this and attend the board meetings, please get in touch and fill me in.

http://danslotd.blogspot.com

No comments: